Are you making these mistakes in your job interviews?
I certainly did. And in my 20+ years of recruiting I noticed that most job seekers make these mistakes.
The result? A much longer time to find a new job!
Avoid these 10 interview mistakes because they will prolooooong your search!
- Mistake 1: You think you have the whole interview time to impress them. You actually have very little time–don’t waste it.
- Mistake 2: You leave out two of the three essential components that should be in every answer you give.
- Mistake 3: Overlooking how too many facts make you sound salesy and maybe even desperate.
- Mistake 4: Let it become a Q&A session rather than a dialog–this always results in leaving out the most essential element of your interview.
- Mistake 5: You cannot tell them in 30 words or in 15 seconds why you’re the one they should hire.
- Mistake 6: You think that the more interviews you do, the better you get.
- Mistake 7: You do not know how to ask your questions without irritating them.
- Mistake 8: You use language, terms and examples that make you sound like everyone else.
- Mistake 9: You believe that interviewing is a numbers game, so you just have to do X number in order to get a job.
- Mistake 10: You see an interview as just answering some questions about your experience, so how hard can that be?
Here’s how you can stop making these mistakes and prolonging your search and do the kind of interview that gets the offer
(Psst: Don’t tell the author of the guide this, but the website where you can read all about this guide is not pretty. But the guide is absolutely what you need. Remember, you just cannot wing it in job search today!)
Here is some information about the guide. Feel free to skip it and go directly to the guide so you can get started.
In just the first 15 minutes, you’ll learn how to:
- “Package & Spin” your work experience so it is a perfect fit for the job
- Increase your confidence, easily calm nerves or fear
- Be more like-able
- Use professional words and phrases that will impress them
- Position yourself as the BEST candidate for the job
- Tell them truthfully exactly what they want to hear — so you get hired!
- Why did you leave your last job
- Can you explain this gap in your employment history
- Exactly why do you want to work here
- Why should we hire you? What can you do for us that someone else cannot?
Everything You Need to End Your Job Search:
137 seasoned, intelligent and memorable answers to typical questions PLUS how to do the same thing with any question (You must answer like this in the interview, so you don’t look and sound like every other candidate—and miss out on the job.)
- How to best tell your “experience stories” and get them to agree this is exactly what they need (this is one place most job seekers really blow it.)
- 11 power closing statements to get the job (With this guidance, you’ll be able to do this without irritating the interviewer.)
- 43 questions to probe for the interview’s hidden needs and what they really are looking for
- Instant confidence builders so you avoid sounding desperate (Every hiring manager I’ve worked with is turned off by a candidate who sounds desperate.)
And there is more!
Bonus #1: How to Tell if Someone is Lying to You
- Bonus #2: Three FREE software programs you can use to manage your job search efforts, make money while you look for a job, and cut your interview practice time in half.
- Bonus #3: Seven Mental Exercises to Sharpen your Persuasive Mind, Calm your Nerves, and Focus Power
- Bonus #4: Seven Essential Patterns of Behavior for Success
- Bonus #5: Understanding The Reasons Why You Get Nervous” —and a quick exercise that will calm your nerves every time
- Bonus #6: 57 Clever Questions For Taking Control Of The Conversation
- Bonus #7: Classic Memory Improvement Books with the “Flash Memorization” technique
- Bonus #8: Achieve Your Goals 34 Page Workbook to help you not only answer where you want to be in 5 years but get you there!
- And special Bonus #9: Napoleon Hill’s Think and Grow Rich. Do yourself a wonderful favor some afternoon and re-read this!
On top of all this, you get a 60-day money-back guarantee:
If you try this and don’t see how this information will set you up to do killer interviews, you will get an instant refund. And you can still keep The Guide!
But I think you’re going to love the successful interviews you’ll have after you read this information.
This can even make you money!
When it helps you land a job faster because you are a interview rock star, you will start putting money in your pocket right away. Faster conclusion to your search means money in your pocket sooner!
And one more BONUS!
Send me your receipt after you get the interview guide and I’ll immediately send you my brand new 6-page interviewing cheat sheets.
- 3 questions they are asking themselves they won’t ask you out loud
- How to get them to see you as a top candidate when moving to a new industry or job function.
- The magical way to construct your answers to any questions to make them believable and memorable.
- The “story” secret.
- How to make sure you have all 3 power components of a killer interview
Send your receipt to Katherine@BestInterviewTips.com to get your insider secrets cheat sheets immediately.
Don’t let your competition walk away with the job because they used these techniques to blow their socks off and get the offer!
All my best wishes for a FAST and outrageously successful conclusion to your job search!